Monday, August 29, 2011

The Grunt by Latrivia Nelson



Okay, I'll go ahead and admit from the onset that I'm a HUGE fan of Latrivia Nelson. Her Medlov Crime Family series is a favorite of mine that I still pull out when I need a boost. Her latest, The Grunt (part of the Lonely Hearts series) is destined to be re-read over and over again as well.

Like the author, I'm married to a retired military man and I love stories that have strong military heroes. Brett Black is a hard-core lifer in the Marine Corps who gets hit with the  one-two sucker punch from hell courtesy of his gold-digging wife. He's left a single dad trying to raise an adorable little boy who will steal your heart. His saving grace arrives in the form of Courtney Lawless. Down-to-earth and nurturing, Courtney brings stability into their lives and they give her a renewed sense of purpose.

This book took me through a wide range of emotions from beginning to end. I wanted to dish out an old-fashioned beat down to the sleazy wife. I wanted to hold Brett and protect his son. I wanted to have Courtney's back when she finally stood up for herself and most of all I wanted a happily ever after for her and Brett. You will not be disappointed in the journey Ms. Nelson takes you on with this engaging story. It's a must read so pick up your copy of The Grunt today.

Happily writing,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment